Monday, August 29, 2011

Raspberry Yoghurt Muffins and Raspberry Coconut Bread


I have just received a comment from a reader about cooking with my recipe of Baked Portuguese Chicken and Rice (Part 1).  This is the first time someone who have tried my recipe and give me a feedback.  Wow, I'm a bit over the moon!  I would love to hear more from you or you can take a picture of the dish so I can post it for sharing.  

These two recipes consist of the two ingredients that I don't used a lot in my baking: yoghurt and coconut cream.  I like both ingredients but I usually have yoghurt with fruit & muesli and use coconut cream in making curry or Asian dessert.  By putting yoghurt or coconut into baking gives the cake the moist and tangy flavour which is nice to have especially when the cake is nice and warm. 

Does anyone from blogger know that if I edit the post and republish it again, would it keeps reposting to my followers' dashboard?  I just have to change a little of grammar mistake every now and then after posting and I hope I haven't over posting at your wall. 

Raspberry Yoghurt Muffins

1 1/2 cup self-raising flour
1/3 cup rolled oats
3 eggs
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup natural yoghurt
1/3 cup melted butter 
180g frozen raspberries
almond flakes
extra sugar

Preheat oven to 200c.  Combine sifted flour with oats, stir in eggs, sugar, yoghurt and melted butter.  Don't over mix.  Gently stir in raspberries.  Spoon mixture into muffin tin, sprinkle with extra sugar and topped with almond flakes.  Bake 20 minutes.

Source: adopted and modified from Australian Women's Weekly - Mix- cakes, muffins, biscuits + pudding


Raspberry Coconut Bread


1 3/4 cup self raising flour
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup coconut cream
50g melted butter
1/4 cup plain flour
2 eggs, whisked
100g frozen raspberries

Preheat oven to 180c.  Grease and line loaf pan with baking paper.  Sift flour into the mixing bowl, add sugar, eggs, coconut cream, butter and then raspberries.  Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 45 minutes or until cooked.  Cover the cake with foil to prevent over burning if needed.  It is best to consume the cake within 2 days as it gets dry quickly.  The original recipe uses mashed bananas but I have omit that as banana is still quite expensive after the Queensland flood.

Source:  adopted and modified from the cut-up from supermarket sales catalogue

2 comments:

  1. Raspberry and coconut? What a wonderful combo. I can taste it now. I love that you did muffins and bread out of the berries. They look simply amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome raspberry recipe....love it!

    Chk out my Diwali Event:
    http://anuzhealthykitchen.blogspot.com/2011/08/diwali-festival-of-lights-event-aug.html

    and On Going Event - Strawberry Desserts

    http://anuzhealthykitchen.blogspot.com/2011/07/event-berries-strawberry-desserts.html

    ReplyDelete